EPN is an International non-profit Christian member organization registered in Kenya. Its mission is to support Churches and Church Health Systems, provide and promote just and compassionate quality pharmaceutical services. EPN is the only global church-based organization that works specifically to increase access to medicines and to strengthen pharmaceutical services. The beneficiaries of EPN’s services include church health institution, medicines policy makers, health professionals, church leaders, and health staff involved in medicines management and pharmaceutical service delivery.
EPN is looking to recruit a God fearing, results oriented individual to fill the following position:
Job Title: Resource Mobilization Officer
Supervision: Executive Director
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Contract Duration: One year renewable based on Performance.
The Resource Mobilization Officer is responsible for implementing coherent resource mobilization efforts through maintaining dialogue and strengthening relations with major partners and expanding the EPN donor base. He/She will ensure an increasingly, diversified network of supporters, including policy-makers, health institutions, donors/partners as well as other philanthropic institutions/individuals who believe in the work of Ecumenical Pharmaceutical Network.
- Screen the member and donor landscape systematically for projects
- Develop and write project concept notes and proposals based on the technical knowledge within EPN secretariat and the members
- Hand over successful applications to the relevant project manager or project team for the execution of a project
- Maintain close relationships with the major financing partner organizations of projects currently executed and initiate and establish communication with potential project partners.
- Develop, implement and monitor fundraising strategies, that includes annual targets to meet the costs of the current and future programmes;
- Approach and raise funds from charity organizations, trusts, partners/donors, Banks and foundations
- Ensure that guidelines/procedures are followed, ensuring good quality proposals, and that monitoring mechanisms are in place for management of grants
- Research and analyse donor calls for funding applications including expressions of interest and requests for proposals
- Sound knowledge of external relations, policy analysis and relationship development involving donors and external partners.
- Proven capacity to analyze and explain innovative financing.
- Knowledge of financial mechanisms for non-budget contributions from donor countries.
- Knowledge of specific features of corporate social responsibility.
- Computer literacy for writing and monitoring.
- Ability to think creatively and in a proactive manner.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- University degree in Social sciences or related development field. A Masters’ degree in development, management, or a related development field is desirable;
- Minimum 7 years' experience at national and international level in resource mobilization, and external relations in the international arena.
- Proven track record of award winning proposals.
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills with experience in networking with local and international NGOs, FBOs, Donors and Government-level partners Experience in successful fundraising from public/private sector, foundations, including governmental sources.
- Experience in writing promotional material for fundraising, experience in writing policies and proposals.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing resource mobilization strategies.
- Results Oriented, Good communication Skilled, Dynamic, fostering integration and team work
Other Desirable Skills
- Understanding of global public health.
- Experience in management and working with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in communicating and building relations in sensitive environments.
- The ideal candidate should possess a very good command of written and spoken English (French will be an added advantage).
Please note that Kenyan non-residents applying for this position should be willing to relocate and obtain appropriate visa and work permit. (No financial support will be provided by the organization for costs incurred.)
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to apply by sending a letter of Interest, detailed Curriculum Vitae, indicating Day time telephone numbers, address and name of referee to:
The Executive Director,
Ecumenical Pharmaceutical Network,
P.O Box 749 00606
Email Address: jobs [at] epnetwork.org
Closing date: Applications should be submitted by Friday, 30th June 2017..
Only short listed Candidates will be contacted.
EPN is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer